- Board Docs
- Communication Committee
- Community Financial Review Committee
- District Wellness Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Board Policy Review Committee
- New Castle County Board of Elections
- Contact the Red Clay Board of Education
Filing Deadline for School Board Seats March 1
Interested candidates in three open seats on the seven-member Red Clay Board of Education have until 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2013 to file their candidacy with the Department of Elections for New Castle County.
The election will be held from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14, 2013.
School board terms run for five-years, unless someone is running to serve the remainder of a term vacated by a sitting school board member.
Expiring terms in May include:
- Election District A, currently held by Board President Leah Davis
- Election District D, which is held by Board Member Ken Woods and
- Election District E, a one-year term to serve the remaining time in former school board member Kim Williams' term. Michael Piccio was appointed to the seat by board members in December. Mrs. Williams stepped down from the board after winning a seat in the Delaware House of Representatives.
More information, including election district maps and filing requirements, can be found here.