- Board Docs
- CFRC Meeting Information
- CFRC Reports
- CFRC Reports to the Board of Education
- Glossary of Terms
- IBU List
- Object Code List
- State Financial / Compliance Audits
- Contact the CFRC
Community Financial Review Committee
Red Clay Consolidated School District Board of Education
2010-2011 Financial Reports
These reports are prepared by the Finance Director Jill Floore and are the primary document used at each meeting by the Community Financial Review Committee to ensure that the District remains on budget for the current fiscal year.
Links providing information that explain descriptions and terms used in these documents can be found under the Resources heading on the left side of this page.
- Expenditure Report June 30, 2011
- Expenditure Report April 30, 2011
- Expenditure Report March 31, 2011
- Expenditure Report February 28, 2011
- Expenditure Report January 31, 2011
- Expenditure Report December 31, 2010
- Expenditure Report November 30, 2010
- Expenditure Report October 30, 2010
- Expenditure Report September 30, 2010
The committee uses this reporting format to project the school district’s current fiscal year ending balance in its local current expense revenue accounts after deducting all estimated remaining local operating obligations.
It also provides an approximation of how much will be available to carry forward into the next fiscal year in order to meet local district payroll obligations through and including the October 15th payroll cycle until the local tax revenue becomes available.
A similar version of this report is required to be filed with the Secretary of Education three times per year (on or before February 1, May 1, and August 31).
During the last referendum, the District had requested a tax increase to fund the restoration of specific programs and the implementation of new initiatives. The committee requested a report, which shows the budget and YTD expenditures for referendum related items that also allows the local taxpayer to see how the money is being utilized. These reports will be issued periodically throughout the fiscal year. Note: carry forward balances are not included in this report.
The YTD Total Expenditures and Encumbrances Reports for fiscal year 2008 tracks district costs by object code and is used by the State of Delaware's accounting system to identify line item expenses and encumbrances.
An encumbrance is an accounting procedure that sets aside available funds for commitments related to unperformed contracts for goods and services, to ensure the availability of funds when payment is requested.
An appropriation is an authorization granted by the legislative body to make expenditures and to incur obligations for specific purposes. Appropriations are usually limited in the amount and time in which they may be expended.
One report includes prior year appropriations that were expended in the 2008 fiscal year, while the other report does not and more closely parallels the dollar amounts found in the district's monthly financial report by Intermediate Budget Unit (IBU), which primarily focuses on expenditures by programs and departments.
- April 2011 including prior year
- April 2011 excluding prior year
- March 2011 including prior year
- March 2011 excluding prior year
- February 2011 including prior year
- February 2011 excluding prior year
- January 2011 including prior year
- January 2011 excluding prior year
- December 2010 excluding prior year
- December 2010 including prior year
- November 2010 excluding prior year
- November 2010 including prior year
- October 2010 excluding prior year
- October 2010 including prior year
- September 2010 excluding prior year
- September 2010 including prior year