- Code of Conduct
- Código de Conducta Estudiantil
- Curriculum Councils
- Day Care Information
- Educational Resources
- Forms and Publications
- State Department of Education
- Talented & Gifted and Enrichment Programs
- Truancy Information
- Turnaround Office
- Ausencias Sin Justificación
Parents and Students
Summer Enrichment Programs
Additional information on the Summer Enrichment Programs for 2012 will be available soon.
The Elementary Summer Enrichment Program serves students entering 1st through 6th grade.
This Superstars in Education award-winning program will be expanded to serve more students this summer. This program is designed for students in need of extra support in reading and math. Teachers in the program use fun and engaging methods to introduce students to key concepts and vocabulary to give them a jumpstart for the fall. Additionally, students will receive small group reading instruction targeting specific areas of need.
Class sizes are kept small and the use of technology and interesting topics enhance the daily lessons. Statistics say children benefit from participating in a Summer Enrichment Program and the confidence they build through the program improves their school experience in the fall.
Invitations and registration forms will be sent to parents of selected Red Clay students. Please contact your school if you would like your child to attend but did not receive an invitation letter.
Information regarding transportation will be sent out in June.
*Please note: Building assignment is determined by the attendance zone in which you live.
- Starting June 20th
- Ending July 20th
- Holiday: July 4th
- 8:30am - 11:30am - Breakfast and lunch provided
- Site #1: Baltz Elementary School for students who reside in the Baltz and Richardson Park attendance zone.
- Site #2: Highlands Elementary School for students who reside in the Highlands attendance zone.
- Site #3: Mote Elementary School for students who reside in the Mote, Heritage, North Star, and Forest Oak attendance zone.
- Site #4: Richey Elementary School for students who reside in the Richey, Linden Hill and Brandywine Springs attendance zone.
- Site #5: Shortlidge Academy for students who reside in the Shortlidge, and Warner attendance zone.
May 23, was the deadline for all Summer Enrichmment registrations to be turned in. No more registrations for summer enrichment will be accepted. You will be notified in June via a letter as to whether your child has been accepted into the program, which school they will attend, and designated bus stops/times. If you submitted a registration form, and do not receive an acceptance letter, your child’s name is on the waiting list.
Limited availability – Admission will be based on a first come, first serve basis
*Marbrook Elementary and Lewis Elementary will be holding their own summer programs. If your child resides in either of these attendance zones, please contact the school for further details.
This summer, starting Wednesday, June 27, 2012, the Red Clay Consolidated School District will be offering the S3 program. S3, which stands for
STEM Summer Scholars, is a 17 day enrichment program in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) for students who are currently in grades 6, 7, and 8 this school year. There is no cost for this program and participation is on a volunteer basis. Students enrolled are expected to attend all 17 days of the program.
The objective for this program are as follows:
- Promote Science and Engineering Practices
- Prepare middle school students for rigorous high school science and technology coursework using challenging problem-based investigations.
- Engage students, community members, and Red Clay families in public presentation of students’ accomplishments and future goals using 21st century technology.
Students will participate in robotics projects, communications projects (to include promotion of a product or a career plan) and selected building projects.
Click here for more information.
Information on this page maintained by Andrea Lanciault